Tuesday, March 19, 2013

A Year Ago...!!

I can't help but relive this night again...it's been a YEAR since our engagement!! What a joyful memory!

On our first date Michael and I tried to go to a "fancier" place for dinner, but wound up going to Gloria's in the Bishop Arts District. I loved it! We were both really good friends before we started dating, so Gloria's just felt perfect. After we walked around Bishop Arts we headed to White Rock Lake. We did the same thing on the night of our engagement. The only thing was that I had NO IDEA what was about to happen!

We headed to the Bishop Arts District to meet his parents for dinner. We get to see the Keane's a lot and so I thought it was just another special night out with them. After dinner though, Michael mentioned how stunning the sunset was and that we should go to White Rock Lake. I was trying to convince him to take other routes so that we could see more of the sunset, but he was insistent on this one spot. I literally thought nothing about it. When we finally pulled into the parking lot, my eye was instantly caught by about a dozen geese. I walked, or ran, over to them and was very excited to tell Michael about a time when geese used to scare me, but again, he was insistent that we keep walking.

Then I saw the pier! It took a lot longer than it should have to realize that it was set up for me and I instantly started freaking out inside! I said, "Wait, is this really happening...?" and Michael just wrapped his arm around me!

He surprised me again by heading to his house where his entire family and mine were waiting with friends to celebrate!! Our dearest friends came in from Houston and Austin to celebrate with us!





1 comment:

  1. Such a sweet engagement story...love that you have pictures too!!!

    ReplyDelete